1. About cookies and why we use them on <MALAGA VALLEY INNOVA> websites
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the user's device when he or she accesses certain websites. These cookies store and retrieve information about the user's navigation when using that particular device.
Among other things, cookies allow the web to store and retrieve information about the user's decisions and habits. In MALAGA VALLEY INNOVA, we use them to personalize the users' experience within our sites, identify and remember registered users and make it easier and simpler for them to navigate the site.
It is important to stress that using cookies does not provide us with the user's personal data; the user remains anonymous to MALAGA VALLEY INNOVA.
Users can learn more about cookies and how they work on the following Wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie)
2. What kind of cookies are used on MALAGA VALLEY INNOVA websites?
Cookies may be divided into Session or Permanent Cookies depending on how long they remain on the device. The former expire when the user closes the browser. The latter expire when the purpose they serve is fulfilled (for example, to identify the user when he or she is visiting the MALAGA VALLEY INNOVA websites and using their services), or when they are manually deleted.
Furthermore, Cookies may be classified as follows, according to their purpose:
· Performance Cookies: This type of cookie remembers the user's preferences for the tools provided in the services, so he or she does not need to reconfigure each service on every visit. For example, this type includes:
Audio or video player volumes.
The video transmission speeds that are compatible with the user's browser.
· Geolocation Cookies: These Cookies are used to identify the country where the user is located when he or she visits a website or requests a service. This Cookie is completely anonymous and is only used to help adjust the content to the user's location.
· Registration Cookies: Registration Cookies are generated once the user has registered or subsequently opens a session. They are used to identify the user in the web and its services with the following objectives:
Identify the user so that, if he or she closes a service or web, at another time or on another day, the user's browser or computer will continue to identify the user when he or she re-enters the web or service, thus facilitating their navigation without the need for the user to identify themselves. This functionality can be disabled if the user presses the "Exit" function; this deletes the cookie and the user must log in to be identified the next time he or she visits the site.
Check whether the user is authorized to access certain services, for example, to participate in a contest.
Additionally, some services may use third-party connectors such as Facebook, Twitter or Google. When the user logs in to a service using social media credentials or a third-party identification system, he or she also authorizes it to save a permanent cookie that remembers the user's identity and guarantees access to the website until the cookie expires. The user can delete this cookie and refuse to access the web using social media credentials or third-party identification systems by updating the preferences in the specific social network.
· Analytic Cookies: Whenever a user visits a website or service, an external provider's tool (Google Analytics, comScore and the like) generates an analytic cookie on the user's device. This cookie, which is only generated during the visit, will anonymously identify the visitor on any future visits to the MALAGA VALLEY INNOVA services. The main objectives of this are:
To allow anonymous identification of users by the "Cookie" (which only identifies browsers and devices, not people) and therefore the approximate estimate of the number of visitors and their tendencies over time.
To anonymously identify the content receiving most visits (and therefore the most attractive to users)
To discover whether the user accessing at the time is new or is repeating a visit.
Important: Unless the user decides to register on a MALAGA VALLEY INNOVA website, the cookie will never be associated with any personal data that can identify him or her. These cookies are only used for statistical purposes that help optimize the users' experience of the site.
· Advertising Cookies: This kind of cookie allows more extensive information on the ads displayed to each anonymous user on MALAGA VALLEY INNOVA sites. Among other things, the cookie stores information on how long or how often advertising insertions are displayed, how users interact with them, or browsing and/or user behavior patterns that help shape advertising interest profiles. In this way, advertising that relates to users' interests can be presented.
MVI uses third-party advertising management tools to manage the advertising service. These third parties may store cookies sent from MALAGA VALLEY INNOVA websites, which have captured them from users' browsers, and access the data they contain.
The companies that generate these cookies have their own privacy policies.
3. How to disable cookies in your browser
Most browsers now allow users to configure whether to accept cookies or not and, if so, which ones. These settings are generally found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your browser.
These are the instructions for setting cookies in the major browsers:
Chrome: Settings -> Show Advanced Options -> Privacy -> Content Settings.
For more information see Google support or the browser Help menu
Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings.
For more information see Mozilla support or the browser Help menu
Internet Explorer. Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> History -> Settings.
For more information see Microsoft support or the browser Help menu
Safari: Preferences ->Security
For more information see Apple support or the browser Help menu